Treat your Santo Jewellery pieces with love by following the below instructions:
- Remove your jewellery before showering, swimming, sleeping, cleaning or working with your hands.
- Do not expose your jewellery to any chemicals such as perfumes, hairsprays, moisturisers, chlorine, salt or bleach as they can strip the rhodium, rose or yellow gold plating from the sterling silver.
- Clean your jewellery regularly with a soft cloth or warm soapy water. Do not rub vigorously or you could remove the plating from the sterling silver.
- Do not wear rose or yellow gold plated jewellery on more than an occasional basis.
It is natural for sterling silver jewellery to tarnish or discolour over time, especially if the piece is worn regularly.
Tarnish is caused by several factors which include:
- Exposure to moisture, humidity, sunlight and oxygen.
- Acidity of a person's skin.
- Exposure to chemicals.
Leather jewellery may change colour overtime due to exposure to the sun and oils in the skin. Avoid exposing leather to moisture and do not swim or shower whilst wearing it.
To keep the leather soft and to extend it's life you can apply leather conditioner to it.
Tarnish and discolouration are not considered manufacturing faults and are not covered under the 6 month manufacturing warranty.
The best advice for keeping any jewellery in top condition is this: Your jewellery should be the last thing you put on before leaving the house, and the first thing you take off when you get home at the end of the day!
When your jewellery is not being worn it should be stored in a clean, dry, tarnish resistant box or pouch.